Monday, April 19, 2010

Awesome.

Sometimes life gets a little frustrating.
Its easy, for me at least, to get hooked up on small things and let them make me upset for a while.

Like cleaning, then coming home 12 hours later and having the house be gross again.
Or when no one pays attention to bills.
Or no one puts the trash out.
Or when people complain about things, and then I ask if they did something about it, and they reply with a no.

But then I think of other small things like that that are awesome.
And I mean awesome.

Like the stars.
How often do you get a chance to really go and sit outside and look? And just think? I'm doing research on bats for my thesis and I am stumbling around in the dark at sunset, twilight, then nighttime constantly. I hate turning on my head lamp because there are always those three quick seconds where my eyes lose focus when I turn it off. I hate losing sight of those marvelous, bright, shining balls of gas in the sky. No matter how many times I am outside it never ceases to amaze me. Awesome.

Or the fact that seeing a match go out and smoke really makes you appreciate air. You can't see it, your lungs breathe it automatically, your heart beats automatically, so air usually goes unnoticed and not thought about. Wouldn't it suck though if all the air disappeared all at once? Yeah, think about it. Here's to you air, awesome.

The smell of matches. Awesome.

That first moment when you jump into bed and its cold. Then, magically, you create a huge warm sport and immediately become relaxed until an appendage ventures into the rest of the unwarmed covers. Then you appreciate that warm spot. Awesome.

Driving with the windows down by yourself on the highway.I love moments like these
because they are just awesome. Warm air, cool breeze, and that relaxing roar of the wind going by. Stick your arm out the window and make that flowing wave up and down motion with your hand. Doing this at night is the best. You have a great view of the stars, there is no one on the road and you can go as you please. Awesome.

The crunch of a really good apple. No matter where or who you are, you know that biting into an apple sound when you hear it. Sure from the outside it is one of the loudest, most annoying things to listen to. But on the inside, when you hear that crunch, you know that guy is enjoying that piece of fruit. Awesome.

I found this website today.

http://1000awesomethings.com/

It really made me appreciate things a lot more, especially on days like today where I sweat the small stuff.

Keep it up universe.

No comments: